Sunday, October 25, 2009

Yo, this is supposed to be easy. What the...: )




I'm sure it'll come clearer, but, in the meantime I'm going to have to keep stumbling into solutions. Here is another shot of some of my work.

This is lampworked borosilicate. I made this sculpture of Dante in 2007 as part of my final paper for my Italian Literature degree that I completed at the University of Oregon. I had the pleasure of studying under Professor Gina Psaki, who let me integrate my passions and work in glass with my Italian Literature studies.

The image on the top is the death mask of Dante, the center is a profile painting of him, both of which I used as references for my work. I also worked off of Gustav Dore`'s illustrations of the Divine Comedy.

This figure is part of a larger project that will depict the whole opening scene in which Dante descends a hill, chased by three "beasts", back into the dark valley - the most lonely and desperate moment of the Inferno for Dante.

No comments:

Post a Comment